Frequently Asked Questions
- How long has The Alabama School of Real Estate been in business? Don W. Williams originally began our school in 1960, with the school office located in the Homewood suburb of Birmingham, Alabama for over 37 years. Don W. Williams has had a 50+ year real estate career that has included all aspects including residential; commercial; development; investment; mortgage banking; starting one of the first real estate franchise companies; and education.
- Fraser Sparkman, our school administrator, has been a real estate instructor for over 30 years and a licensed broker for over 40 years. He currently is licensed in 6 southeastern states and has been involved in residential; commercial; investment; resort property development; and real estate education. Fraser holds the following professional designations: CRS (Certified Residential Specialist); ARPS (Accredited Resort Property Specialist); CDEI (Certified Distance Education Instructor); and RECS (Real Estate CyberSpace Specialist).
- Is The School licensed? The Alabama School of Real Estate is licensed by The State of Alabama Real Estate Commission ( license #69664 ) and our on-line computer based courses have been approved by ARELLO (Association of Real Estate License Law Officials).
- Does The School offer class room courses? The only class room courses that The School currently offers are Continuing Education courses for licensed real estate salespersons and brokers who are renewing their licenses or activating an inactive license. In the future The School may offer other courses in a class room environment.
- When does the next class begin? A student may begin an on-line computer based course as soon as they register on-line. There is no waiting for the next class to begin. Our class room continuing education courses for licensed real estate salespersons and brokers have a published schedule on the Continuing Education Class Room 15 hour link on this website.
- Is a licensed instructor available to answer questions? Yes. A licensed CDEI (Certified Distance Education Instructor, certified by the Association of Real Estate License Law Officials) is as close as your email or phone.